Staveley village is located between Kendal and Windermere just off the A591 the main road into to the Lakes. The village received its market charter in 1329.
The heart of any village was the church and in Staveleys case it was St Margaret's Church which was built in 1388. Sadly only its tower remains.
A new church St James was constructed in 1865 featuring a window designed by Sir Edward Burne-Jones and made by William Morris and Co.
For visitors to the Lakes the main attraction of this pretty village is the Staveley Mill Yard featuring a number of businesses and Lake District institution Wilfs Cafe Hawkshead Brewery as well as Aiguille Outdoors and the Artisan Bakery.
There is an excellent pub The Eagle & Child and bed and breakfast accommodation is available in the village.